All Weather Installation Instructions Must Be Followed For Warranty To Be Valid
ALUMINUM WINDOWS & DOORS 10 year limited warranty
All Weather Architectural Aluminum guarantees to the original consumer purchaser of All Weather Architectural windows or doors installed in a single family home by the builder as new construction or by the Original Purchaser as replacements, that All Weather will repair or replace any such products that are defective in materials or workmanship and will pay the costs of all parts for 10 (ten) years and labor for the first year. If repair is not commercially practical or cannot be made in a timely manner, then All Weather will, at the Original Purchaser’s option, either replace any defective Products or refund the purchase price. All Weather reserves the right to modify or discontinue any of its Products and may substitute current Products and components of equal quality and as similar in appearance as possible. All Weather, at its option, will refinish, at its cost, the exterior painted surface to be similar in appearance to the original exterior surface.
This warranty extends to the original Purchaser of the Products. The Warranty starts on the invoice date and remains effective as long as the Original Purchaser owns the home.
- Defects related to misuse and abuse
- Normal wear, including discoloration on hardware components finishes
- Minor glass imperfections that are allowable under applicable ASTM or other industry standards. All Weather uses a 6’ determination distance whereas the Federal Government (ASTM) allows 10’, e.g.
- Condensation, frost, mold, mildew, corrosion, or fungus on product surfaces | Temporary thermal expansion or bowing resulting from direct sunlight and/or significant differential temperatures between the inside and outside environment
- Defects in exterior finishes, resulting from cracking, peeling, and other loss of adhesion in coastal applications (4 miles from saltwater)
- Natural weathering of exterior finishes
- Damage from acts of nature (e.g. from fire, hurricane, earthquake, etc.)
- Damage from a building settling, structural failures of walls or foundation
- Non-standard installation, including without limitation, units installed in other than vertical plane, sloped glazing, or out of square
- The unit is not installed or maintained in accordance with All Weathers written installation instructions (including glazing instructions) and Care and Maintenance Guide, AAMA standards and applicable building codes
- Improper handling, storage or field mulling
- The use of tints or films. Alterations (including but not limited to customer applied finishes.) or modifications not performed by All Weather.
- The gradual dissipation of inert gas or the amount of inert gas remaining in the product at any time after manufacturing.
- All Weather products installed within 4 miles of a coastline require coastal hardware. Non-coastal hardware within 4 miles of a coastline is not covered under this limited warranty.
- Finish failure and/or corrosion of aluminum or specialty finishes on windows or doors within 4 miles of a coastline carries a 1 year limited warranty.
- The unit is shattered, cracked, broken or damage for any reason
- The unit is not properly weeped to avoid accumulation of moisture or water
- The unit is subjected to high humidity, including without limitation, installation near pools, hot tubs and saunas.
- The unit was exposed to corrosive materials, including without limitation, sulfur or chlorine.
- The unit was installed in a high altitude application without capillary tubes or has capillary tubes but was not installed in a high altitude application.
- The unit was sold or installed outside of California
- Laminated and Oversized Glass Units The warranty terms applicable to oversized (96x144 inches or greater) and laminated glass units vary by glass manufacturer; contact your Registered Dealer for details.
The following products and services are not covered by this Warranty and have the different warranty coverage specified below:
- Window or door screens – 1 year parts & labor
- Electric motors or drive units – 1 year parts & labor
- Hardware in coastal or other highly corrosive environments 1 year parts & labor
DISCLAIMERS & LIMITATIONS
The warranty is expressly in Lieu of all other oral or written warranties, liabilities or obligations. In no event shall All Weather be liable for consequential or incidental damages of any kind, including any damage to the building, its contents or any person therein, resulting from the breach of any warranty set forth herein. All Weather’s obligations under this warranty are expressly conditioned upon payment in full for the products. Some states do not allow limitation on or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusions may not apply.
This Warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights in certain states.