All windows must be installed in prepared openings in accordance with AAMA recommendations and the below-listed manufacturers’ recommendations (If shop drawings are required, please refer to approved shop drawings for installation):
- All vent panels must be closed and locked.
- Each unit must be installed level, plumb and square with a 1⁄4” clearance on the jambs and the header of the window.
- Remove wet plaster, mortar, stucco and cement immediately. (Note: windows should only be cleaned with mild soap and water.)
- Do not set items on the sill.
- In nail-on applications, a bead of caulking material should be applied to the inside nail-on fin just before installation to insure a watertight seal between the building and the window. In an equal leg window a bead of caulking material should also be applied.
- Any attachment screws or bolts should be sealed during the process of installation.
- After installation is complete, building paper and stucco wire (if a stucco application) should overlap the window nail-on flange.